Bad Hair vs. Honey
Honey isn’t just a sugar substitute or something that tastes good in tea. It can be used to help promote healthy hair, use honey as a conditioner.
Here’s how you can make it at home.
1. Combine a quarter-size drop of honey with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a small, microwaveable dish/container.
2. Mix the two ingredients with a spoon and microwave for 15-30 seconds.
3. Remove from the microwave and let cool for 30 seconds.
4. Use your hands (buy disposable gloves from any drug store) to evenly disperse the honey and olive oil throughout your hair.
5. Massage it into your scalp and work from your roots to the tip of your hair.
6. Cover with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes before showering.
Don’t have the time to make honey conditioner from scratch, no problem. Here’s an even easier way to get the benefits of honey with less time.
1. Combine a quarter-size drop of honey with an equal amount of your regular conditioner.
2. Rub the two together and use your hands to evenly disperse the honey and conditioner throughout damp hair.
3. Massage it into your scalp and work from your roots to the tip of your hair.
4. Cover with a shower cap let it sit for 30 minutes before showering.
Does honey make the hair healthy?
Yes. Honey is a good humectant and emollient, meaning that it has nourishment that works wonders for your hair.
Is honey economical?
Absolutely! You don’t need that much honey for your conditioner, facial masks, or to moisturize the skin with honey. One jar of honey can be used for months. You’ll also save money by making your own conditioner, or adding to your conditioner.
Are there other uses for honey?
Yes, honey can be used in combination with lemon for blackheads, as lip balm, and lotion, some even use it with milk for a nice soak in the tub.