Problematic Skin vs. DIY facial masks
Brighten your skin with a Honey and Lemon facial.
1. Squeeze 1/2 a lemon (organic is always better) into a bowl
2. Add 2 tbsp of honey (0rganic, raw, natural ).
3. Mix it with a spoon until it’s a liquid consistency.
4. Apply it all over a clean face avoiding eye area. (make sure that your hair is pulled back away from your face)
5. Leave on for 15-20 min and rinse off.
Rejuvenate your skin with a Honey and Cucumber facial. Courteous of Shine Spa for Sheraton.
What you’ll need
· 1 table spoon natural yoghurt
· 1 table spoon of honey
· 20 thin slices of fresh cucumber
· Rose water or cucumber water
· Your own moisturiser
1. Apply and massage gently for 1 minute before cleaning with a warm wet towel.
2. Tone the skin with your daily toner, this helps rebalances your skin’s ph.
3. Use sticky honey, massage in for3 minutes.
4. Lie down and apply cucumber slices to your face on top of the honey
5. Put two on your eye lids. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the slices and use a warm, wet towel to remove honey residues.
7. Tone again and apply moisturiser.
Why it works
Yoghurt has vast benefits when applied to the skin. For the Cucumber and Honey mask make sure that it is plain and has live active cultures for best results. The rich enzymes found in natural yoghurt are good for cleansing the skin.
Honey contains glycolic acid, it’s the same thing found in facial peels used by your dermatologists.